Thursday, January 28, 2010

Let's get Shabby.............

Challenge 8 is up at lets get shabby and I had no idea what I was going to do for this one but after visiting the DT's blogs for a closer look at their creations I was inspired to make this OTP project. I don't do OTP lol. I have a very special letter from my dear Mum which I kept in a special drawer and after going through some things I realized I had a few more little notes/cards etc that were treasures for me as well. So now they all have a home together. I have cut the picture from an Anne Geddes card of my dd's and used paints, a paper doily, rub on's, lace etc for the front cover.


Then inside I have used little purchased envelopes/pockets for the more personal things and used some vintage journalling pages which I have only glued on the sides and bottom so that I could pop other not so personal stuff into the top of the page pocket.
On the front of each pocket/page I have put some sort of journalling spot/stamp on the front so that as I pop the treasures in each pocket I can journal on the front what it is about or who it is from. I'm so happy how this has turned out. I will still have heaps of room in it for any other little notes etc that I may get in the future. tfl and thanks to LGS for the inspiration to do something like this.






25 comments:

  1. this looks awesome deb love it. Glad we inspired you do to something this special. Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw Deb love it so beautiful .
    bye bye,Lean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, this is sooooo beautiful!!!
    I LOVE mini's but for some reason I'm not good in making them. You inspired me to give it another try !! This is gorgeous!!!

    Thanks SO much for playing along with us at Shabby!!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb this is gorgeous I'm so pleased we inspired you to make a special place to keep those treasured letters in.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Lets get Shabby:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply gorgeous! Love it all! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb this is """"STUNNING""""" I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I can't believe you did an OTP and how great it is.....This is something you will treasure forever...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful creation Deb!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deb, This is so Beautiful, Great details!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at SHABBY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohw this is just gorgeous and very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *GASP* S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!
    I think you should submit this somewhere Deb!

    Its way way way tooooo gorgeous!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Deb, this is precious! What a gorgeous project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW Deb, this is drop dead gorgeous. This is so beautiful. I love all the little embellishments you have added to each page.
    I need to go and have a cup of tea to calm down. LOL
    Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous!! love everything about it!

    And thanks for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOWWW!!!
    I so love this! The colors and texture...Gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Shabby!
    xxxx
    Chimene

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet, just love it, Deb! I did a mini album too! lol
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  18. ***swoon**** this is amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. simply stunning deb, i was sighing and oohing and ahhing to myself over every page. you are such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Deb, fantastic work! Absolute stunning the details!Love it!!!:)

    Thanks for playing with us at Shabby!:)

    Hugs, Tímea

    ReplyDelete
  21. CONGRATULATIONS on your win Deb!!! Loooved your album and sooo much work!!! Just beautiful!!
    Love Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. New to your blog and it is fabulous. So creative and beautiful.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  23. This . . . is . . . beautiful! You did a great job. Not sure how I found you - but am glad I did!
    thanks for sharing. Need to go back through your blog . . . Very fun!
    Have a great day!
    Karen @ Some days are diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on your Let's Get Shabby Win, very well deserved, so intricate and special
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations Deb, I am not surprised, your album is TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
    Hugs, Irene xx

    ReplyDelete